What is IP Targeting?
Imagine running your business based solely on cold calls out of the phone book.
Chances are, you’re going to get burnt out really easily.
Wouldn’t it be better if you had the contact information for the right customers with the time, money, and interest in your product?
That is exactly what IP Targeting does for you. This method of online marketing gives you the ability to be more strategic than ever before.
IP targeting gives you the ability to market directly to a household, individual, area, or business by storing and targeting IP addresses in the exact same way you store a mailbox address. Now, you can reach your intended customer with accuracy that is impossible with any other form of paid marketing.
What are the different types of IP Targeting?
IP Targeting is cookie-less digital advertising that gets you in front of a specific group of customers. We determine a user’s IP address based on their home address and combine that with a mountain of both online and offline publicly available data, including registered voter lists, customer databases, direct mail data, etc.
We are able to determine the behaviors, wants, needs, and habits of a household or business. This allows you to provide precise digital ads for the right people in the right market.
IP targeting can be customized to benefit any business, product, or service. Some of the programs you can choose from are:
- General Targets Households is based on targeting a geographic area, customer behavior or other personal data. This best used for getting digital ads to everyone in a specific county, city, zip code, neighborhood, or service area. You can also target your ads based on home market value, online purchases, family size, or even job title.
- Captive Audience targets venues, not households. This is a great way to focus advertisements to college campuses, hotels, airports, etc. You can even snag information from conventions and events to use that data later to re-target those attendees.
- New Movers is ideally used for products and services that target those who are moving, in escrow, or have recently moved. This is perfect for companies advertising furniture, moving services, day care, home services, etc.
- Out of Home uses technology to target customers based on their attributes rather than their home address. This system anonymously tracks a customer’s phone to gather knowledge about their favorite retail stores, family habits, etc. It will follow that target customer with ads even if they are not at their home address.
- Reverse Append is the newest addition to the IP targeting family. It is essentially the same process, only backward, we use anonymous IP addresses to determine a user’s physical location. This gives you information as to who your customers are and where they come from.
With any of our campaigns, we can provide a Match Back Analysis, which gives you real results so you know which sales were a direct result of your IP targeting campaign.