What is IP Targeting?
Imagine running your business based solely on cold calls out of the phone book.
Chances are, you’re going to get burnt out really easily.
Wouldn’t it be better if you had the contact information for the right customers with the time, money, and interest in your product?
That is exactly what IP Targeting does for you. This method of digital advertising gives you the ability to be more strategic than ever before.
IP targeting gives you the ability to market directly to a household, individual, the Louisville metro area (or other cities, too), or business by storing and targeting IP addresses in the exact same way you store a mailbox address. Now, you can reach your intended customer with accuracy that is impossible with any other form of paid marketing.
What are the different types of IP Targeting?
IP Targeting is cookie-less digital advertising that gets you in front of a specific group of customers. We determine a user’s IP address based on their home address and combine that with a mountain of both online and offline publicly available data, including registered voter lists, customer databases, direct mail data, etc.
We are able to determine the behaviors, wants, needs, and habits of a household or business. This allows you to provide precise digital ads for the right people in the right market.
IP targeting can be customized to benefit any business, product, or service. Some of the programs you can choose from are:
- General Targets Households is based on targeting a geographic area, like Louisville, KY, as well as customer behavior or other personal data. This is best used for getting digital ads to everyone in a specific county, city, zip code, neighborhood, or service area. You can also target your ads based on home market value, online purchases, family size, or even job title.
- Captive Audience targets venues, not households. This is a great way to focus advertisements to college campuses, hotels, airports, etc. You can even snag information from conventions and events to use that data later to re-target those attendees.
- New Movers is ideally used for products and services that target those who are moving, in escrow, or have recently moved. This is perfect for companies advertising furniture, moving services, day care, home services, etc.
- Out of Home uses technology to target customers based on their attributes rather than their home address. This system anonymously tracks a customer’s phone to gather knowledge about their favorite retail stores, family habits, etc. It will follow that target customer with ads even if they are not at their home address.
- Reverse Append is the newest addition to the IP targeting family. It is essentially the same process, only backward, we use anonymous IP addresses to determine a user’s physical location. This gives you information as to who your customers are and where they come from.
With any of our campaigns, we can provide a Match Back Analysis, which gives you real results so you know which sales were a direct result of your IP targeting campaign.
How does IP Targeting work?
IP targeting is different and more effective than paid online banner ads or geo-targeting.
Paid digital advertising places your business at the top of the search page, but it is usually only on one search engine. When combined with IP Targeting, you can focus that digital advertising to a specific group of ideal customers.
Geo-targeting uses groups of IP addresses to target an area, but you don’t know anything about who is in that area, how many homes are unoccupied, or don’t need or want your product or services.
IP targeting uses actual individual addresses to target specific households based on specific criteria. You can target the same home several times a month, show your display ad on any website that takes ads, and your campaign cannot be deleted or blocked by cookies.
IP targeting is so universal, it can be used by any business trying to reach a specific audience. Our display ads are shown on a myriad of websites, based on your target audience and their web habits.
With IP targeting, you’re not limited to a Google Ad, or a Yahoo Ad – you can be everywhere for everyone, right here in Louisville, KY and all across the country.
The possibilities are endless.
If you know your audience, we can get your message directly to them with eye-catching display and banner ads they can’t miss.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
We keep the process of IP targeting simple, so you get exactly what you’re looking for without any big wait times, holding patterns, or complicated hoops to jump through.
- The first step is finding your target market of customers. Once you give us the criteria you are looking for, we can generate lists of customers based on a wide variety of data. These criteria can be based on finding new customers by location, behavior, or even a list of past customers (for repeat sales) or leads that didn’t convert.
- The next step is to get creative with what your ad will look like. Getting your ad to the customer is important, but making them want to click on it is paramount. We can use your existing creatives or start from scratch using proven ad design techniques.
- Then, we finalize the campaign and run with it.
- Lastly, we analysis your results. We believe there is no point in spending money on something if we can’t prove it worked. Every campaign gets a Match Back Analysis to show you exactly which sales were a direct result of your campaign.
What can Digital Advertising do for my business?
In today’s world, combining traditional marketing and digital advertising is the best way to get in front of thousands of customers fast and easy. IP targeting takes digital advertising to the next level. Now, you can direct your marketing to exactly the right customer in the right place at the right time.
IP targeting gives you the ability to market directly to a household, individual, area, or business by storing and targeting IP addresses in the exact same way you store a mailbox address. This allows you to reach your intended customer base with accuracy that is nearly impossible with any other form of marketing.
- A pet kennel can create a campaign to target past purchasers in the area and offer a limited time discount.
- A roofing company can target neighborhoods with a range of home values that were recently affected by a hail storm.
- An interior designer and home stager can target homes for sale with their staging services and homes that just sold with their design services and renovation work.
- An HVAC company can target the houses on the same street as a client they just finished installing a new furnace on to let them know they are working in the neighborhood.
- Car dealerships can use existing customer lists to bring back previous customers to trade or service their vehicles.
This method of digital advertising gives you the ability to be more strategic than ever before to get your message in front of the right people at the right time.
Who can you target?
You can find anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Sounds too good to be true? It’s not.
We use a variety of publicly available data to target specific consumers based on the demographics you are trying to reach, in Louisville or wherever you may be. If you have a product or services you want to target to specific consumers, you can gain access to any group of people based on a wide variety of criteria including: