What is IP Targeting?
Imagine running your business based solely on cold calls out of the phone book.
Chances are, you’re going to get burnt out really easily.
Wouldn’t it be better if you had the contact information for the right customers with the time, money, and interest in your product?
That is exactly what IP Targeting does for you. This method of online marketing gives you the ability to be more strategic than ever before.
IP targeting gives you the ability to market directly to a household, individual, area, or business by storing and targeting IP addresses in the exact same way you store a mailbox address. Now, you can reach your intended customer with accuracy that is impossible with any other form of paid marketing.
What are the different types of IP Targeting?
IP Targeting is cookie-less digital advertising that gets you in front of a specific group of customers. We determine a user’s IP address based on their home address and combine that with a mountain of both online and offline publicly available data, including registered voter lists, customer databases, direct mail data, etc.
We are able to determine the behaviors, wants, needs, and habits of a household or business. This allows you to provide precise digital ads for the right people in the right market.
IP targeting can be customized to benefit any business, product, or service. Some of the programs you can choose from are:
- General Targets Households is based on targeting a geographic area, customer behavior or other personal data. This is best used for getting digital ads to everyone in a specific county, city, zip code, neighborhood, or service area. You can also target your ads based on home market value, online purchases, family size, or even job title.
- Captive Audience targets venues, not households. This is a great way to focus advertisements to college campuses, hotels, airports, etc. You can even snag information from conventions and events to use that data later to re-target those attendees.
- New Movers is ideally used for products and services that target those who are moving, in escrow, or have recently moved. This is perfect for companies advertising furniture, moving services, day care, home services, etc.
- Out of Home uses technology to target customers based on their attributes rather than their home address. This system anonymously tracks a customer’s phone to gather knowledge about their favorite retail stores, family habits, etc. It will follow that target customer with ads even if they are not at their home address.
- Reverse Append is the newest addition to the IP targeting family. It is essentially the same process, only backward, we use anonymous IP addresses to determine a user’s physical location. This gives you information as to who your customers are and where they come from.
With any of our campaigns, we can provide a Match Back Analysis, which gives you real results so you know which sales were a direct result of your IP targeting campaign.
How does IP Targeting work?
IP targeting is different and more effective than paid online banner ads or geo-targeting.
Paid online advertising places your business at the top of the search page, but it is usually only on one search engine. When combined with IP Targeting, you can focus that online advertising to a specific group of ideal customers.
Geo-targeting uses groups of IP addresses to target an area, but you don’t know anything about who is in that area, how many homes are unoccupied, or don’t need or want your product or services.
IP targeting uses actual individual addresses to target specific households based on specific criteria. You can target the same home several times a month, show your display ad on any website that takes ads, and your campaign cannot be deleted or blocked by cookies.
IP targeting is so universal, it can be used by any business trying to reach a specific audience. Our display ads are shown on a myriad of websites, based on your target audience and their web habits.
With IP targeting, you’re not limited to a Google Ad, or a Yahoo Ad – you can be everywhere for everyone.
The possibilities are endless.
If you know your audience, we can get your message directly to them with eye-catching display and banner ads they can’t miss.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
We keep the process of IP targeting simple, so you get exactly what you’re looking for without any big wait times, holding patterns, or complicated hoops to jump through.
- The first step is finding your target market of customers. Once you give us the criteria you are looking for, we can generate lists of customers based on a wide variety of data. These criteria can be based on finding new customers by location, behavior, or even a list of past customers (for repeat sales) or leads that didn’t convert.
- The next step is to get creative with what your ad will look like. Getting your ad to the customer is important, but making them want to click on it is paramount. We can use your existing creatives or start from scratch using proven ad design techniques.
- Then, we finalize the campaign and run with it.
- Lastly, we analysis your results. We believe there is no point in spending money on something if we can’t prove it worked. Every campaign gets a Match Back Analysis to show you exactly which sales were a direct result of your campaign.
What can Digital Advertising do for my business?
In today’s world, digital advertising is the best way to get in front of thousands of customers fast and easy. IP targeting takes digital advertising to the next level. Now, you can direct your marketing to exactly the right customer in the right place at the right time.
IP targeting gives you the ability to market directly to a household, individual, area, or business by storing and targeting IP addresses in the exact same way you store a mailbox address. This allows you to reach your intended customer base with accuracy that is nearly impossible with any other form of marketing.
- A pet kennel can create a campaign to target past purchasers in the area and offer a limited time discount.
- A roofing company can target neighborhoods with a range of home values that were recently affected by a hail storm.
- An interior designer and home stager can target homes for sale with their staging services and homes that just sold with their design services and renovation work.
- An HVAC company can target the houses on the same street as a client they just finished installing a new furnace on to let them know they are working in the neighborhood.
- Car dealerships can use existing customer lists to bring back previous customers to trade or service their vehicles.
This method of online marketing gives you the ability to be more strategic than ever before to get your message in front of the right people at the right time.
Who can you target?
You can find anyone, anytime, anywhere.
Sounds too good to be true? It’s not.
We use a variety of publicly available data to target specific consumers based on the demographics you are trying to reach. If you have a product or services you want to target to specific consumers, you can gain access to any group of people based on a wide variety of criteria including:
- Buying Activities Online
- Credit Cards
- Children’s Ages
- Home Type or Home Features
- Lifestyle Interest or Hobbies
- Marital Status
- Net Worth
- Educational Level
- Vehicle or Motorcycle Owners
- Voter Affiliation
We can also feature your product or service on large authority sites, such as these:
If you are advertising a seasonal product or service, we can even focus your campaign on a certain time of the year, season, or month to make your marketing more effective.
What industries benefit from Digital Advertising?
Anyone with a good understanding of their target market and demographics can benefit from real leads and increased sales through IP targeting.
If you are still using direct mail advertising, stop. Put your dollars to work and get more out of your marketing budget than you thought possible. Stop wasting money on junk mail and cold calling to discover what you’ve been missing.
HOW CAN I GET THE MOST OUT OF IT?
The best way to get the most out of IP targeting is to combine it with other similar services.
When you combine IP targeted marketing with SEO strategy on your website, traditional online advertising, vibrant and exciting graphics, and strategic email campaigns, you can reach customers and consumers in multiple ways. By strategically directing your online advertising during your peak season, you reach more customers when they need you most.
For example, if you run an HVAC company, you know there will be an increase in customers as soon as the first chill of winter blows. To ensure those potential customers call your business (and not your competitors), you may start by running ads the week before the storm hits to gain brand recognition. Then, target specific customers in your service area with online ads through target marketing, so you are in prime position to gain new customers when the snow hits.
Is IP Targeting right for my business?
Do you know who your customers are? Do you want increased sales? If so, it’s time to employ IP targeting.
If you have a customer base that is very specific, this method is the best way to focus in on your narrow audience. If you are still sending out expensive direct mail, make sure it’s being seen by the right people and not ending up in the recycle bin.
WHAT’S MY INVESTMENT?
The cost of a digital ad campaign depends on the size of your contact list and the number of leads you’re looking to generate. Campaigns start as low as $1,000 for approximately 20 impressions to 1,600 targeted homes or businesses over a month span. The combination of a good prospect list and 30 days of consistent impressions is the best formula to help your business get the results it needs to succeed.
Do you want increased sales? If so, it’s time to get a jump on the IP targeting virtual bandwagon and contact us today make your online advertising more effective than ever.
Want more customers? Join forces with our marketing team!