Welcome to Part 4 of our 6-part blog series, Marketing Your Paving Company. In today’s post, we’re going to talk about local search engine optimization (SEO) and how that will drive more visitors to your website. But first, in case you missed them, you can read Part 1 here, Part 2 here, and Part 3 here.
In our last post, we provided tips on how to incorporate on-page SEO into your website. Today, we’re still talking about SEO, but we’re switching on local SEO. Did you know there was a difference? Both types of SEO work to make your paving company’s website visible to Google and other search engines, and both are comprised of purposeful content and relevant HTML code. The difference is that local SEO is directed toward your geographic market.
Why is local SEO so important?
- Google is today’s version of the old Yellow Pages. It’s where most potential customers search for contractors, including paving companies.
- Having your website optimized for the towns your paving company serves, helps Google get your information to your target market.
Tips for Local SEO
- Google My Business: One of the best things your paving company can do is claim your Google My Business page. Google My Business allows you to customize your page with your address, hours, and other relevant information. It also allows you to interact with people who find you online.
- Optimize Your Website: This means that the HTML on your site includes things local customers are likely to search for. Potential customers may search for “paving companies near me,” or “paving companies in town.”
- Be Mobile: Mobile searches are just as important as desktop searches. Many customers will not only look up “paving companies near me,” they will do it from their phones. Google constantly updates its algorithm, and it specifically looks for websites that are mobile-friendly.
- Manage Your Business’s Online Reputation: As Wendy Parcell said, “Google loves you when everyone else loves you.” Are you asking your customers to review your paving company on Google? Google Reviews is another way that Google features your business. The more 4-star + reviews you have, the more likely it is that Google will feature your Google My Business profile page when people search for local paving companies.
Need help with local SEO for your paving company? Schedule an appointment with us today for a free SEO strategy call. Together, we can build a game plan gets you at the top of Google’s search results.